Facials and face masks were once customary for young girls and women. Not any more! Men also indulge in grooming, and here we have compiled a list of unisex face masks that can brighten your face and day!
With what ingredients, you ask? It’s the fruit Papaya! Who said Papaya is only for devouring? You can use it to beautify your skin as well.
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamin C that are great for skin, Papaya also has enzymes papain and chymopapain that reduce inflammation and remove dead cells.
- Other benefits include reducing wrinkles, removing damaged keratin that can form small bumps on the skin, and help reduce pigmentation.
So, ready for some awesome Papaya face masks? Here you go!
- Always use ripe papaya on your skin. Raw papaya can irritate your skin and may cause breakouts.
- Also, as with any mask, you may be allergic to some ingredients. So, better start with applying ripe papaya pulp alone before trying out the combination listed below.
- It is normal to feel a little tingling and pulling sensation on the skin as the mask dries out. However, if you feel your skin is itchy or irritated, better wash off the mask immediately and understand Papaya is not for you.
- No adverse reactions? Great. Have fun with Papaya masks.
Your skin can be of different types, namely Oily, Dry, Combination, or Normal type. Therefore, every skin needs to be treated differently according to its needs.
Suppose you have oily skin and you use a mask meant for dry skin. A mask for dry skin would not take out the natural oils from your skin and also would moisturise your skin. So, this would not be great for your oily skin because the oiliness would increase further, and you would end up with more skin breakouts and acne!
So, it is necessary to choose the right mask for your skin type. Listed below are DIY face masks, one each for dry skin, oily skin, and normal skin with the main ingredient as Papaya.
DIY Papaya mask for dry skin
- Ripe papaya – 6-8 cubes
- Honey – 1 tbsp
To prepare the DIY papaya face mask, mash the papaya and make a smooth paste along with honey. Apply the mask on your face and leave it on for about 10 minutes. Then rinse off with cold water. Pat dry.
You can also add either milk or yogurt to the above combo to keep your skin well hydrated.
This papaya mask for dry skin will improve your complexion and keep your skin hydrated. In addition, it has a cooling effect on the skin, so it can be your ritual twice a week.
DIY Papaya mask for oily skin
- Ripe Papaya – 5-6 cubes
- Orange – 3 slices made into juice
Mash the papaya cubes and add little orange juice till you get a consistency of a smooth paste. Apply this mask and allow it to work its magic on your skin for at least 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse off using cold water.
Papaya and orange are an excellent combination for controlling excess oil production. They also effectively decrease hyperpigmentation and melasma (a kind of pigmentation caused by hormonal changes). You can use this DIY papaya mask once a week on oily skin.
DIY Papaya mask for normal skin
- Ripe Papaya – 2 cubes
- Banana – 2 slices
- Cucumber – 2 slices
Combine ripe papaya with banana and cucumber in a blender to make a thick paste. Apply this paste as a mask all over your face and neck. Allow the mask to rest on your skin for 10 to 12 minutes, and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
This papaya mask for normal skin will help you have healthy and nourished skin that glows naturally. Apart from the good benefits of Papaya on the skin, bananas help brighten your skin and reduce acne scars. In addition, cucumbers calm down your skin and help hydrate naturally.
Going natural will not only give you a good feeling but will feel good on your skin as well. The ingredients used in the masks are not hard to get. So get your hands on it and give the pat your skin deserves!